Alias

MarcyPan

Timezone

Pacific

Contact

AIM/Skype/PM

Pref. Pronouns

Her/She

Nate joined the army at eighteen, he grew up in the foster care system, so for him the army was a ticket out of the group home he was in, and it could offer him a lot more options in life. It took him years, a couple of tours in Afghanistan, and a shit ton of hard work but he eventually made the Rangers, an elite light infantry/special operations force, that is part of the Army. They were considered the premier raid force, specializing in a variety of missions. Mostly it was a lot of moving in, breaching a high-risk location, and raiding it for any valuable targets.

Thirteen years later, he was ready to be home. Except he wasn’t entirely sure where home was, not really. This was why he’d been such a good Ranger, always up for any mission, and had no trouble being on call at headquarters in Georgia on his time off. Funny how he’d gone from having no family to having more brothers than he could count on his two hands. They were family, to him, he’d take a bullet for anyone of them. They’d survived some fucked up shit out there, the kind of thing only people like them could understand, civilians could never fully understand what it was like, what it did to your head. In the end he’d decided to head back to Miami, where he was from. He wasn’t sure if he’d be able to get used to the life of a civilian, or that he wouldn’t go on the next mission they asked him about. But right now, he was content with some time for himself.

Of course, it wasn’t long before he missed the action, so he applied to be a cop, when you had an army background it was easy to get a job as a police officer. Not the same amount of action he was used to, but it was something to keep him busy, and wouldn’t allow him to get too rusty. So far he was settling back in pretty good here.

BASIC INFO:
Nate came back to Miami, despite having no family to come back to. He was in the Rangers (Army) most of his adult life, naturally as any soldier would, Nate's got his issues. He does not get much sleep, he suffers from night terrors.

PEOPLE OF INTEREST:
He easily warms up to anyone who has served, the whole brothers in arms thing. He works a lot so if anyone works at the places he works or frequents those could be easy threads. He can be a bit more serious at times. Enemies anyone that got a problem with this country, or the military, or all criminals, or anyone trying to rob his other employers.

LOVE INTERESTS:
He is taken, sorry ladies. That doesn't mean old flames can come back to haunt him. or that unwanted attention can't be a problem.

PM
^
Mari
 Posted: May 2 2016, 09:23 PM
Mari
@Mari

@N/A: N/A

accepted

sanguine

Congratulations! Your character has been accepted here at Miami Lights. Please post in the claims and head over to moderation to request a development forum before posting elsewhere around the board. Posting in shipper apps is the best way to get your character going, so check out the accepted forum to get started! And don't forget, HAVE FUN!
PM
^
Cayden Endicott
 Posted: May 25 2016, 09:09 PM
Cayden Endicott
@

@:

Cayden & Nate
I'm not too sure where things will go with his sister's boyfriend, but I'm definitely leaving it open to whenever he's taken that things might get heated between him and Cayden, so a friend from PD certainly wouldn't sound hurtful to Cayden, lol. That's wide open to whatever happens after he's made and threads get going between those two though and for now, I imagine the case about what happened to him and his sister to be unsolved because I like dramaz and I'm a nice person to my bbies like that (pls insert an evilish laugh here, lol), BUT in the meantime!

I could definitely go for either of those options, but I can easily see Cayden going to a bar at this point to try to dull out his woes for a little while since I imagine he's probably secretly counting down the days to it being one full year since it happened and it's super hella rough on him and winding up talking to Nate about things! I think that track could be a lot of fun for us to run with and then maybe they see each other in at the gym later and we can build it from there? : )

^
Hailey Rhodes
 Posted: May 27 2016, 03:01 PM
Hailey Rhodes
@Jules

@Hailey: "Can you turn my black roses red?"

HAILEY & NATE: Agreed! XD Hmmm, we could do the bar thing again..though the other idea sounds good, too. Unless there's a way to do both? Like they start off in the lab and then as a way to get out more/out of the funk she's in, they go out to a bar? Though that might not be the best idea, to go out for a drink after Hailey having one of those moments..hmmm, well both ideas could be good as their own separate threads too LOL.

Like he sees her out at the bar and wonders why she doesn't get out more often or whatever. A "She seems pretty cool, why she's hiding?" kind of thing and then later, finds her in the lab like that and it clicks for Nate (there could be whispers of stuff about her like before, but no one really knows the reason why). They become closer and bond more, because of this.

And yes, that other freak needs to get on in here asap and complete this little A-team thing LOL!
PM
^
Brian Carroll
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 12:45 PM
Brian Carroll
@

@:

brian & nate
Omfg, yessss, okay, I've been waiting like ALL DAY to post back here, lmfao!

BUT YES. I'm definitely so here for these two being tight friends and partners and Brian would hella respect him for his experience and background and obviously it's important to him to know he's got someone he can count on out in the field and, you know, as a pal, too! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I'm game for literally wherever we wanna start, so we can definitely do something with them at the station and then I'll also throw him into that thread when we're ready! And then yus! We can also definitely do a thing with the trio, lol! <3 JUST ALL THE THINGS, OKAY? XD <3

^
Alexander Falco
 Posted: Jun 13 2016, 06:50 PM
Alexander Falco
@Toothless

@Tater Masher: I believe in nothing, no the end and not the start. I believe in nothing but the truth and who we are.

Alexander & Nathaniel

So Alex works for the MPD but he also doesn't... he's technically with the FBI, has a badge and everything, but he liaises with the local police and works as a linguistic analyst for both! I was thinking they could meet either working on a case or just get talking during some down time? It's likely that they probably wouldn't know each other well yet in any regard just because Alex is kind of reserved unless you wanted to do it where they had already talked and gotten acquainted? It could be interesting drama if he learns about Alex's secret with his dislike of criminals and the panic that Son of Sam had caused

PM
^
Alexander Falco
 Posted: Jun 14 2016, 06:53 PM
Alexander Falco
@Toothless

@Tater Masher: I believe in nothing, no the end and not the start. I believe in nothing but the truth and who we are.

Alexander & Nathaniel

DEFINITELY! I think the shooting shit could be after he gets arrested because that motherfucker is going to jail and then gonna get out and have to work with the rest of the force the day after, so I definitely think that them all finding some kind of break in the case would probably be best!!! I'm down for a group thread and can start it everyone else is http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

PM
^
Riley Chapman
 Posted: Jun 24 2016, 11:54 AM
Riley Chapman
@Toothless

@Riley: Oh Lord, Oh Lord, she’s somewhere between A hangman’s knot, and three mouths to feed

Riley and Nathan AGAIN YES! Military bros for life? I mean, once you're in the military, you never truly leave, I've been told time and time again. Maybe it's just some kind of thing where they end up meeting each other at a bar and Nate gets him talking and then MILITARY BROS?
THANKS ♥
PM
^
Riley Chapman
 Posted: Jun 24 2016, 01:56 PM
Riley Chapman
@Toothless

@Riley: Oh Lord, Oh Lord, she’s somewhere between A hangman’s knot, and three mouths to feed

Riley and Nathan Sounds good to me if you wanted to start a thread and I can throw Riley in or vice versa? Just let me know where it needs to be if I start ^^
THANKS ♥
PM
^
Elijah Gerwitz
 Posted: Jul 28 2016, 01:58 PM
Elijah Gerwitz
@Toothless

@Mouse: I thought of angels Choking on their halos Get them drunk on rose water See how dirty I can get them Pulling out their fragile teeth And clip their tiny wings Anything you say can and will be held against you So only say my name It will be held against you Anything you say can and will be held against you So only say my name

Mouse & Hotrod

YES! Brothers-in-arms! Let's do it <3 I can start a thread of Mouse showing up at the Station and we can go from there? Being all lowkey sassy, leaning on Nate's desk waiting for him.

PM
^
Remus Barton
 Posted: Jul 31 2016, 03:07 PM
Remus Barton
@

@:

Remus & Nate
Uh oh, big brother's in town now, boiiiii! Naw, Remmers will be cool, I promise, lmao. Cool unless he like intentionally sets out to hurt his sister, but, since I doubt we'll ever have to deal with that, let's skip to the friendship, lol.

So, my idea is Remus has been low-key keeping his eyes and ears open all these years for news about his sister, but, obviously, with his own life and the Olympics and yada yada going on, he hasn't had much luck, so I figured he could show up at the station, find Nate, and ask if there's anything he could do to help him out. A whole, "it's probably a long shot, Detective, but I was wondering if you could help me find my sister" and explaining and blah, blah, what have you, and then, boom, he hits Nate with the name and he knows her so DA DAAHHH.

Plus, me being me, why would I ever pass up the chance to make Nate feel awkward because all of the sudden, here be Sentia's brother? lmao. xD

So yeah, this is the big secret I've been keeping, lmao. *throws confetti*

Oh, oh, ohhhhh, btw, Remus would love to be Nate's friend and try to help him with his feelings about his sister bc broments and all that lovely jazz; Remmers is cool, Nate's really got nothing much to worry about, lol. So yeah. He wants to be its friend. He wants to buy it drinks. He wants to have bro talks with it. Those kind of things. xD <3

^
Cezanne Beauvais
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 09:20 PM
Cezanne Beauvais
@Lashes

@Dominique Alarie: N/A

Nathan & Cez

AVO-SCUSE ME?!

-Doesn't want to do it here, nor there, nor anywhere-

Reenactment of what went down:

user posted image

Yeah, I'm looking forward to how this is coming along. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

PM
^
Cezanne Beauvais
 Posted: Apr 12 2018, 06:41 PM
Cezanne Beauvais
@Lashes

@Dominique Alarie: N/A

Nathan & Cez

AVO-SCUSE ME?!

Nathan and Cez

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Candyland Couture Rockin Roleplay

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine