Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Jezebel [C]
Cezanne Beauvais
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 08:17 PM
Cezanne Beauvais
@Lashes

@Dominique Alarie: N/A

Saturday June 3rd, 2017 4:00pm

Outfit

Cez's painting

Song

Cezanne had picked Sam up a little after three o’clock, carefully packing her painting in the back of his car with his. Three o’clock was when everyone would start showing up, no doubt taking their time mingling, so if they arrived a little later on, it wouldn’t be a problem. There were usually some types of appetizers, hors d'oeuvres, and snacks, so naturally everyone spent about five minutes setting up and the rest of the time conversing. Sander was a flashy sort of man with a flare for the dramatic. As such, he always made certain that he provided amply for all the artists. It was a great pleasure of Sander to host such events, and nothing made events more pleasant then when everyone was in an agreeable mood.

Cezanne hadn’t made too much conversation during the ride to the gallery, aside from asking Sam if she was excited and nervous. Despite putting her painting in his vehicle, Cez hadn’t actually looked at it. He preferred to see the young lady’s work once they had arrived at their destination and were setting up. There’d be more anticipation that way.

Once they had reached the venue, Cez put the car into park and turned to Sam. He smiled at her, as he had just remembered something he’d forgotten to mention before. Too many things on his mind, it must have slipped his thought. He surmised now was as good a time as any.

“I should tell you…” he began, “I use a pseudonym when it comes to my art. Dominique Alarie. I like to keep my personal life private.” he gave a short laugh, before adding, “So, if you could just use Dominique or Dom, that would be great.”

Not everyone used an alias, but Cezanne did. He hated how everyone got into each other’s business. It was a nasty habit the community had, he knew that well. He could easily point a finger at himself for partaking in all the calumny everyone so very much enjoyed. He did, however, not want people talking about him. Double standards, he knew, but all the same, he felt better with fewer people knowing his actual name.

He alighted from the vehicle, waiting for Sam to join him before locking it up with a click of his key. It was better for them to head inside, see what was happening and taking place, figuring out where they were going to be placed in the exhibit, then getting their pieces. Sam might not have been familiar with how best to go about this, so Dom figured he’d fill her in. “Let’s just go in and see what’s happening and then we’ll come back, okay?” he suggested, placing a hand on the small of her back and leading her inside the building.

They certainly weren’t the first people to arrive, but he could already tell they were far from the last. There were quite a few people scattered throughout the gallery, mostly it seemed as though people were figuring out where their work was to be placed. Sander was extremely particular when it came to arranging the pictures just the way he wanted, or more, the talent at times. Certain people had their own style, and Sander had been doing this for quite a while, long enough to know certain artists and what they would be bringing to the table.

The building itself, Imago Art Gallery, was similar in structure to almost any other gallery. White walls with an art Deco styled trim and theme. The floors were a light wood so as not to distract from the pieces on display. Scattered throughout were a few royal blue satin covered benches. Aside from the benches, there were also a few end tables dispersed around, nothing more on them than a vase with fresh flowers. Pretty and pleasant would be a suitable way to describe the decor.

“Hello, Dom,” Lauren greeted, shortly after the pair had entered. Lauren was another artist who was known for attending Sander’s events. She was a big advocate for her work which is the best thing you can do for yourself, as far as getting noticed went. Her style consisted of Impressionism. Admittedly, she had an extremely proficient use of colors and landscapes, making her quite accomplished in Sander’s eyes.

“Hello, Lauren,” Dom addressed in return, offering her a friendly smile. “I guess Sander is running around?”

The woman nodded her head in affirmation. “Yes, he is,” she said, her eyes stopping on Sam.

“Oh, this is Sam.” Dom began, looking from one girl to the other. “Sam, this is Lauren.”

“Nice to meet you, Sam,” Lauren said, giving the other woman’s hand a gentle shake. “I’ve never seen you at one of Sander’s galleries before. Can’t wait to see your work--well, everyone’s work when it’s all ready.” He looked back over her shoulder and Dom knew why. They could both hear Sander’s voice coming from somewhere further back in the gallery, but with the jutting walls, it was impossible to see exactly where the man was. “Sorry,” she said apologetically to the pair. “Just gotta ask him something. Excuse me.” And with that, the pair were left to their own devices once again.

Dominique gave a small shrug to Sam. “Sander is somewhere around here, but he usually places labels where he’d like everyone’s work to go. It’s kind of like a scavenger hunt or something. I guess we can look around, see where we're supposed to go,” he offered, moving further into the building.

FEV
PM
^
Samantha Childs
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 01:48 PM
Samantha Childs
@Jules

@Sam: "Look for the girl with the broken smile / Ask her if she wants to stay awhile"

user posted image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click here for Sam's attire.

After encountering Cezanne and accepting his offer, Samantha went home and proceeded to rack her brain for ideas. She even went through all of her completed pieces, but none of them seemed right. This was her first galley event, she didn't want to mess it up by picking the wrong thing. When she got frustrated, Sam distracted herself by looking through one of her photo albums.

It was there that she found the inspiration for a new piece..

When the appointed day of setting up arrived, Samantha was feeling nervously excited about it. She could hardly sleep the night before, the butterflies were just abuzz inside her stomach! Her new piece was carefully covered up and waiting by the front door. She wanted everything ready for when Cezanne arrives to pick her up. Sam doesn't like to leave things until the last minute and rush around like a headless chicken. So in the meantime, she got herself showered and dressed in clothes she can move around in. A grey tank-top with a striped button-down over it, followed by a pair of jean shorts. Sneakers put the finishing touch upon her overall attire, along with pulling her hair into a ponytail. She left a few strands alone to frame her face. She looked ready to lug around art pieces and hang them up. But are you ready? Truly?, her inner voice murmured as she looked at herself in the mirror. She took a deep breath, looking at herself. "I can do this." she said. Samantha didn't want to let Cezanne down, since he was the one to give her this opportunity.

Then again, he wouldn't have done so if he didn't think she would be ready for it. Right? So after a few more deep breaths, Samantha headed off to the kitchen for some coffee and a banana. Both should be able to perk her ass up and keep her going till the hard work is done. She also worked on some sketches while she waited. The butterflies were close to settling down. That was when Cezanne arrived. They began stretching out their wings, as they worked together to get her piece downstairs and carefully loaded into his car. She caught sight of his piece in the back and couldn't help but to wonder what it was. He has seen her work, but she has yet to see his. Of course, she could've searched the Internet, but she would rather see it in person. When he asked her if she was nervous and excited, she gave her shoulders a shrug and said "Both." A half-smile tugged at her lips. After that, her eyes had drifted between glancing at him and looking out the window. A knot or two began to form inside of her stomach. Out of pure reaction, Sam's hand moved to briefly touch it.

How can she be this nervous when it's just set-up? Perhaps it's because she will be the newbie of the group?

She doesn't know that for sure, but she certainly has a hunch..

They soon arrived to their destination. As Cez put the car into park, Sam's eyes looked out at the venue before them. She took a deep breath. “I should tell you…” Sam looked over to see him looking at her. A brief moment passed, before he continued talking. “I use a pseudonym when it comes to my art. Dominique Alarie. I like to keep my personal life private.” She nodded her head. So even if she tried Googling him, she wouldn't have found anything. She heard his short laugh. "Understandable." she had said in response. “So, if you could just use Dominique or Dom, that would be great.” Another little nod of her head. "Dom...it suits you." she replied, repeating his name and then adding her comment about it. She meant it, too. She soon followed his lead and got out of the vehicle. Sam heard the click as he locked it up. She glanced his way, as if to ask what was going on. Didn't they need their pieces? “Let’s just go in and see what’s happening and then we’ll come back, okay?” She felt herself nodding her head, just as Cez placed a hand upon the small of her back and moved to lead her into the building.

Warmth seemed to emanate from that spot. It was almost comforting.

Her eyes caught sight of the people scattered throughout. She was busy taking it all in, when a woman approached them. “Hello, Dom,” Sam cracked a friendly smile, not wanting to seem rude. “Hello, Lauren,” Sam took a mental note of the woman's name. “I guess Sander is running around?” Soon enough, the attention shifted onto her. The knots in her stomach slightly tightened in response. “Oh, this is Sam.” Cez said, introducing her. A gentle shaking of hands followed the introductions. “Nice to meet you, Sam,” Lauren had said. "Nice to meet you as well, Lauren." she politely replied, her smile still touching her lips. “I’ve never seen you at one of Sander’s galleries before. Can’t wait to see your work--well, everyone’s work when it’s all ready.” Sam gave a nod of her head, getting curious about what Lauren brought for the event. It would be interesting to see what kind of artistic style she has. Soon, Lauren left to find this Sander character and Sam was alone with Cezanne once more.

“Sander is somewhere around here, but he usually places labels where he’d like everyone’s work to go. It’s kind of like a scavenger hunt or something. I guess we can look around, see where we're supposed to go,” he had said, while moving further into the building. Sam followed him, after replying with a "I see." Her eyes slowly darted about, taking in all of her surroundings...
PM
^
Charles King
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 10:03 PM
Charles King
@MarcyPan

@TheTroubadour: Me I'm just a ditch digger, when i'm gone... forget that I was here.

The artist knew that Sanders wouldn't be surprised as he drove to the gallery. Surprised to find that he'd brought an entirely different piece than the one he'd given him a preview of, earlier this month. In all fairness the one that was still on his easel would get finished; eventually, it just hadn't been completed today. Naturally, Charles had done, what he always did in this situations, gone into his studio and flipped through canvases for an already finished piece. He'd come across the one he'd picked, once, twice, unsure. In the end, he'd had no other choice, the other pieces were not right, or not ready, or had already shown, and so he set out to stretch out the painting onto a frame. Besides, only he knew how this painting had been made, which made him grin. That night had gone nothing as he'd planned, and yet it had turned out much better.

After the painting had been covered and packed into his car he went back upstairs to get ready. He was fully aware that these things were a casual thing, an easy-going shindig. He just didn't care; he'd showered, groomed, then got dressed in his bright red outfit. Once he was ready, he set out for Imago Art Gallery. He liked to get the hanging of the painting done first, done and out of the way, that way he didn't have to worry, and he could just relax, socialize. He took his painting out of the boot and headed inside, to look for the spot with his name. Charles' painting was broader than the one he initially intended to bring. He found Sanders. There were only a few artists there at the moment when Sanders saw the size of the painting he told Charles to trade with Stuart and pointed up to the second-floor balcony. The gallery had a second-half floor with a balcony looking down to the first level.

Charles nodded and headed up the stairs with the gallery assistant who would take Stuart's name and move it to Charles' original spot. He took the cover off and hung it up. It hung against the wall that faced the entrance, with the balcony to the right of his canvas. He fidgeted with it, and while he loved the secret meaning only he knew of this piece, Charles still wished he hadn't blown off work in favor of a party. Except, he had done it, and now it was too late for lament, he would buckle down this week, finish it-- Oh wait, there was that party, and then the other-- Oh, well, eventually he would.

His work out of the way, he went back downstairs joining the other artists who were there, others were arriving too, the bare walls were starting to fill up with color and texture. He'd been off admiring a piece when he heard his name, Charles turned around, almost looked like a twirl with his long red outfit, and suddenly whoever had called his name was forgotten. Because he came face to face with Cezanne, which didn't surprise him too much, he was very talented, always got invited to these things, he assumed. What did surprise him, is who he was with- Sam. His eyes shifted to hers and his lips spread into a Cheshire like grin. "Hello, I'm Charles." He didn't intend to pretend he didn't know her, but he also remembered he gave her some bogus name. Oops, in his defense he didn't plan on seeing her again. He then turned back to his friend, who he had to remember was Dom right now. He hated this two name thing. "Dominique, always nice to see you." He then looked back at Sam, "What a surprise, how do you two know each other?"

"C"

by FEV
PM
^
Cezanne Beauvais
 Posted: Jan 18 2018, 04:53 PM
Cezanne Beauvais
@Lashes

Outfit

Cez's painting

Song

Dominique looked down at the tag on the wall that read: Samantha Childs. Guess this was where her piece was going to go, now just to find his own...Of course, things could change. Sander usually would reorganize things a bit. Could have been that he decided one painting looked better next to another one, or that an artist brought a different piece from what they had originally said they would be bringing. In Sam's case, Sander didn't know what she'd bring, neither did Dominique for that matter.

“Guess we found your spot,” Dom stated rather obviously. “Remember what number you are so we can come back to it. I know Sander can think of an easier way to do this, but I think he likes having everyone walk around and talk to each other,” he explained to Sam. The part he didn’t explain, was how that was both good and bad. There were a lot of artists that did get along well with one another, but then there were some that had grudges against each other. Get them in close proximity, and things could get ugly.

“Did you want to help me find my place or walk around a little on your own?” Dom asked, giving Sam a contemplating look before answering for her. “No, you want to help me look for mine.” He gave a laugh, stepping behind her and placing his hands on her shoulders to continue guiding her around. “You know...I never asked you what you do, aside from painting.”

They rounded the corner and Dom couldn’t help but stop dead in his tracks, which, by proxy, made Sam stop as well, as he still had a grip on her shoulders. It was a stately figure that looked strikingly familiar. It couldn’t be-- “Charles?” Dom questioned, hoping it wasn’t true, as the man had on a bright red gown of sorts. He stood out like a sore thumb among all the other artists. Much to Dom’s chagrin, it was Charles, and in true Charles fashion, the man did a slow spin, being sure to flare out his flamboyant garb as he did so for added effect. Dom had to wonder if Charles was inspired by The Nun. They had both gone to a gallery together where they had seen it in its full glory. A memorable piece, to be sure, Dom himself had fancied the painting as well. It could have been that Charles had become so fascinated by it, he thought he could start a new trend. As though he were about to start his own fashion line that would be sold at all the trendy apparel stores. Yeah, good luck with that...

Dom was left speechless, though he was quick to notice Charles’ attention turn swiftly on Sam. There was something odd about it, a familiarity of sorts in the way he kept his sights on her. Dom promptly removed his hands from Sam's shoulders, as his friend introduced himself to her as if meeting her for the first time, though he gave mixed signals by the ear to ear grin. It definitely suggested that they didn’t need to be introduced. Dominique took a few side steps away from Sam, looking at her face to see her reaction briefly, before turning his attention back on Charles.

“Mm,” came his short response to Charles. He wished he could say the same right now, as he was still trying to come to grips with the man’s attire and the fact that he apparently knew Sam. Speaking of which, his friend asked Sam how she and Dominique knew each other. A question Dom didn’t quite let her answer before interjecting his own response.

“We just met...not too long ago,” he informed Charles, casting another glance at Sam. She said she’d never been to a gallery before, maybe it was a lie. It shouldn’t have been surprising that they knew one another. Not with the type of person Charles was, but at the same time, yes, it kind of was. Sam said she only showed her work on the boardwalk, so either she was lying, or Charles just happened to have met her some coincidental way. The first option seemed more reasonable to the painter. Especially with how Charles was carrying on, as though he wasn’t surprised to find Sam at a gallery, just more shocked that she and Dominique knew each other. Dom wouldn't admit it, but he was feeling a bit perturbed with the thought that Charles had already seen Sam's work and it hadn't been himself who had discovered her.

Dom pulled his gaze away from both Sam and Charles, favoring the other artists to the pair at the moment.

FEV
PM
^
Samantha Childs
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 04:33 PM
Samantha Childs
@Jules

@Sam: "Look for the girl with the broken smile / Ask her if she wants to stay awhile"

user posted image

After a few minutes of looking about, Samantha's spot was found. “Guess we found your spot,” Dom had stated and she nodded, staring at her name upon the wall. “Remember what number you are so we can come back to it. I know Sander can think of an easier way to do this, but I think he likes having everyone walk around and talk to each other,” Samantha cracked a little smile. She could understand the idea behind this Sander's method. If you were going to be in the same room with other people for some time, you might as well talk and try to get along with them.

A moment came and went. Now, they needed to find Dom's spot in the gallery. It shouldn't be too far from her spot, right? “Did you want to help me find my place or walk around a little on your own?” Sam met his eyes as he gave her a contemplating look. She opened her mouth to say that she would help him look, when he beat her to the punch. “No, you want to help me look for mine.” Sam couldn't help but to join in as he laughed. She glanced as he stepped behind her and placed his hands upon her shoulders. Through the thinness of her blouse, Sam could feel the warmth from his hands. She let him guide her around, looking for his name on the wall. “You know...I never asked you what you do, aside from painting.” Dom did have a point. "That is true. When I'm not painting, I'm working as a lifeguard." she responded. As soon as those words left her lips, they were going around a corner. When they made it around, Dominque had stopped dead in his tracks. She perhaps went forward a step, before she stopped as well. She glanced at Dom and then followed his gaze. All the while, she wondered what was going on. Her eyes had widened at the sight of someone she thought she would never see again. Her jaw fell slightly. “Charles?” she heard him say.

So, that is his name. When they met, he told her that his name was Chuck. She wasn't surprised, she did tell him that he can give her a false name. She could feel her heart racing, as he turned upon hearing his name. His outfit was a sight to see, that's for sure! When his eyes had shifted in her direction, Sam could almost feel her underwear getting a little wet. His Cheshire-like grin was striking a chord within her. When Cez's hands left her shoulders, Sam started to miss the warmth. She couldn't help but to reach up to touch one of her shoulders, as if she could save some of the warmth. Her eyes stared ahead. "Hello, I'm Charles." he said to her. She could feel herself breathing and functioning, but everything was starting to become numb. This cannot be happening right now, she thought to herself. "Sam." she simply responded. She almost didn't recognize her own voice. She didn't expect to see him here. She had no idea they would even know each other. She could hear Dominque move from behind her. Oh God, what could be going through his head right now? She could only imagine. “Mm,” she heard him say. If there was any sort of smile remaining upon her lips, it's gone now. "Dominique, always nice to see you." Charles looked her way once more and her breath seemed to catch in her throat. "What a surprise, how do you two know each other?" She opened her mouth to speak, but Dom beat her to the punch and answered on her behalf. “We just met...not too long ago,” She glanced his way, in time to see him glancing at her. She wanted to tell him sorry, but she didn't know exactly what to be sorry for. What can you be sorry for? "So, how do you guys know each other?" Sam asked, glancing at Charles out of the corner of her eye. Her heart was pounding inside her chest.

Then, her mind recalled the fact that Charles snuck a photo of her and Cezanne came across it on her phone. As it all clicked in her head, her eyes seemed to go wider. After a few moments, she gave her head a slight shake and turned her attention to Dom. "Do you want to go look for your spot?" she asked. If this wave of emotions continued to hit her, Sam would need to walk away for a minute or two.

She figured this would be a good-enough opening to take that minute...
PM
^
Charles King
 Posted: Jan 31 2018, 11:01 PM
Charles King
@MarcyPan

@TheTroubadour: Me I'm just a ditch digger, when i'm gone... forget that I was here.

He looked to Dom, as Sam asked how they knew each other. "The art world, of course, we share the same passion." He turned his gaze back to Sam. She looked a little flustered, and he offered her a smile. "And we met a while back at the boardwalk, remember Sam?" He grinned now, watching her intensely until she finally spoke and it was to ask Cez-Dom! Ugh, he hated the two name thing. One day he would be too drunk and end up using the wrong name. He should just give him a nickname, he smiled to himself, and then remembered Sam had asked something, she had requested that they go and find Dominique's spot. He paused eyeing her slightly, she was only looking at Dom, was she trying to get rid of him? That wasn't very nice at all.

He chuckled slightly, "Oh, Dom's spot. I know exactly where that is. Here, I'll show you." He said making the universal follow me gesture and the red nun led the way to the back of the gallery, and to the stairs. Once they reached the landing, he looked around for a second before he headed towards the spot. The wall that had his painting on it. It was as he saw it that he remembered that Sam would know exactly how his painting was made. It made him smile, and he turned around, a wide grin on his face as he pointed to the empty spot next to his painting. He watched Sam for her reaction as he spoke. "I ended up bringing a bigger piece than my original one, so, I got moved and what a pleasant surprise, Dom and I ended up next to each other." He smiled, standing there casually looking at Dom, and looking to Sam out of the corner of his eye.

Clearly, she remembered him, as he did too, and now it had become a bit of a game for him. How much more could he push her, she already seemed out of sorts, as usual, Charles wanted to push further. Another artist approached and greeted Dom and Charles, and when his eyes fell on Sam, he had said his apologies because he didn't know her name. Charles smiled, and as his hand gestured towards her, he made sure his fingertips brushed her arm slightly as they went. "This is Samantha. She's Dom's friend." He said as a way of introduction, and Charles just went back to conversing with the other gentleman.

"C"

by FEV
PM
^
Cezanne Beauvais
 Posted: Feb 7 2018, 01:34 PM
Cezanne Beauvais
@Lashes

Outfit

Cez's painting

Song

Sam appeared as though she were starting to feel some type of way. The young woman looked both shocked and embarrassed. Guess she didn’t figure Charles would be at this particular event. And, judging by how flustered she was getting over the other man, it was safe for Cezanne to assume that he wasn’t the only one Sam came with.

When Sam asked how it was that Charles and Dominique knew one another, Dom didn’t reply, instead, he let Charles answer for the both of them. She knew Charles, apparently, so she should know he was an artist, which made her question come off as rather frivolous. Who knows, maybe she was just trying to be polite and make conversation. Or...maybe she was trying to deflect from herself. It didn’t work, as Charles was certain to add exactly how he and Sam knew each other, as well. They met on the boardwalk. He didn’t say when, and since they didn’t appear to be very close, Dom could only assume they’d only seen each other a handful of times. Knowing Charles, that’s all it took to get to know someone.

Sam brought up finding Dom’s place for his painting, naturally, Charles was quick to help them locate it. The other man seemed all too eager to lead the way. Dominique merely shrugged his shoulders, and although he gave a short reply of, “Sure,” it was Sam, who he was looking at.

Dominique followed behind the robe clad man, posing as the red nun for a day. In truth, he didn’t care for his friend’s attitude at the moment. It felt as though Charles were trying to flaunt how well he was acquainted with the young woman. The part that wasn’t clear, was whether whatever game he was playing was being directed towards Dom or Sam. But, clearly, there was something going on between Sam and Charles. The man couldn’t keep his eyes off her for more than a minute.

Surprise, surprise. Charles’ painting was located right next to Dom’s place. What were the chances, or maybe Sander figured it would be best to stick their work side by side since they were friends. Dom looked back in the direction of the stairs. Sam’s painting seemed far from his, but did he didn’t really expect them to be close to one another anyways.

Dom turned his attention back to Charles, then the man’s piece hanging up. The style was distinctive, offbeat, most notably, it was nothing like Dom’s style. There went Charles again, side-eyeing Sam. It made the other artist want to roll his eyes. He could have done without all the games, he could have done without Charles being at this event all together with the way he was acting. Then Michael Chavez came up to the three of them, greeting the two artists he knew, then meeting Sam for the first time. ”She’s Dom’s friend,” Charles had said, which Dom took to be a sarcastic remark. That was it. Dom had, had enough. But it wouldn’t do to tell his friend to stop fooling around, not there, not in front of Sam and Michael. Guess he just needed a breather...away from Charles.

“All right,” Dom started, looking from Sam to Charles. “Well, I’m going to let you both catch up and I’ll go get our stuff,” he offered, smiling. Maybe it would help clear the air if they could both talk to one another without his being there. There seemed to be a lot of tension. Dom didn’t wait for a response from them, and he didn’t care that he had interrupted Michael either. He made his way down the stairs and back out of the building to his car.

He didn’t just grab the art and head back into the gallery. Instead, Dominique lingered for a while at his vehicle, checking his phone, sending a few messages. Essentially, trying to kill time. How long had it been? Maybe close to ten minutes by now. That should have been enough time for the pair to catch up, right? Maybe that would be the end of Charles’ games. Was there ever an end to that man's games?

Dom had barely entered the building when he came face to face with Sander. The artist appeared all too happy to see him. “C'est tellement agréable de te voir, mon bon ami.”

“It’s nice to see you too, Sander,” Dom replied. The gallery owner looked around excitedly, his eyes landing on the two paintings in Dominique’s hands. “And where is Miss Childs?” Sander inquired hopefully. Dom looked over his shoulder, up towards the second floor, giving a small shrug. “She’s around somewhere,” Dom said. Sander frowned, not bothering to hide his disappointment at having to wait to meet her. His disappointment soon dissipated, replaced by pleasant smile. “I look forward to meeting out latest butterfly. Still in the process of spreading her wings! Only just emerging from her cocoon. A true metamorphosis! Soon, she’ll be fluttering around with the rest. Merveilleux!”

Dom only smiled in agreement. Sander was eccentric, to say the least, and the man would not be himself if he was not overly dramatic about...well, just about anything. Dom excused himself, heading back up the stairs to the pair. He hoped things might be less awkward at this point.

“I’m back. I didn’t put your work up, Sam. I thought you’d like to do that yourself.”

FEV
PM
^
Samantha Childs
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:36 PM
Samantha Childs
@Jules

user posted image

Though it may have been pointless to ask the question about how the two men knew one another, but Samantha didn't want to make assumptions. She had been looking at Dom, just trying to imagine what could be going through his mind right now. Did he think she was playing him or something? She had been nothing but honest with him since they met. What did she have to gain by lying to him, anyway? Charles' voice distracted her thoughts and she turned to look at him fully. "The art world, of course, we share the same passion." She gave a slight nod of her head, as he offered her a smile. A part of her was glad to see Charles again, in spite of the current circumstances. A moment came and went.

"And we met a while back at the boardwalk, remember Sam?"

How could she forget? Her mind has replayed the scene a number of times since that day. Even now, her brain was trying to bring up the painting they made together. He may have been the second guy that she's been intimate with, but he made the first one pale in comparison. The guy had nothing on Charles and his..skills. Her heart pounded within the confines of her chest, as she stood there before him. His eyes watched her with an intensity that made her skin feel warm. She had pointed her next question towards Dominique, since they needed to find his spot still. After that, it was perhaps best to get their paintings in and set them up. She heard Charles chuckle, before he proceeded to speak for Dom. "Oh, Dom's spot. I know exactly where that is. Here, I'll show you." A moment passed by, as he made the follow-me gesture and began to lead the way. She glanced at Dom, as he said “Sure,” and shrugged his shoulders. The change in his behavior was starting to strike a chord within her. Samantha did not know what to do or say, she didn't plan for this to happen. She had thought she'd never see Chuck..Charles again, but fate had other plans apparently. In the midst of her fluster, Sam's face seemed to fall..

They proceeded to follow Charles towards the back of the gallery and then up a flight of stairs. In the back of her mind, there was this feeling...like another shoe was about to drop. As soon as they reached the landing, her eyes widened a bit. At first, she didn't believe what she was seeing. As she drew closer and Charles had made the motion of looking around briefly, breath became caught inside her throat. This can't be happening, she thought to herself. She recognized the painting hanging there, she helped Charles make it. She caught sight of the wide grin adorning his face, as he turned, but her focus remained on the piece in front of her. "I ended up bringing a bigger piece than my original one, so, I got moved and what a pleasant surprise, Dom and I ended up next to each other." She felt her head move in a nodding motion. She could tell that the men were watching for her reaction, especially Charles. He was one for playing games, that's for sure. Question is, how will this game end? Another artist had made their approach, as they stood there. He greeted Charles and Dom, but when he looked at her...she wasn't surprised by his reaction of not knowing who she was. She was the newbie around these parts. She glanced down at her arm when Charles' fingers brushed across her skin. A brief touch, but tingles were left in its wake. "This is Samantha. She's Dom's friend." he had said. She had cracked a friendly sort of smile. “All right,” Samantha glanced at the sound of Dom's voice. “Well, I’m going to let you both catch up and I’ll go get our stuff,” Sam's jaw had dropped slightly and she perhaps took a step forward, as to follow him, but stopped. She watched him as he descended the stairs and went out of sight. Damn it, she thought to herself. This was getting to be too much for her and Dom took her original idea. Time to go to Plan B..

Sam turned back towards the other men and muttered an "Excuse me." before walking to the nearest window. She tried to take a deep breath, but her chest seemed to hurt with the effort. She closed her eyes briefly and bit her lower lip. When she opened them, she stared out the window. Time had passed by her, though it felt a little longer than it was.

Where did Dom go? It shouldn't take this long to get their paintings, right?

---------------------------

When he did return, Samantha turned at the sound of his voice. “I’m back. I didn’t put your work up, Sam. I thought you’d like to do that yourself.” She nodded her head, cracking a half-smile. "Okay, thank you. I'll go do that." she said, taking her turn to head down the stairs. As she descended, she felt like she could breathe again. There was so much emotion upstairs, you could almost cut it with a knife. For the moment, she was perhaps safe from Charles' game. When she found her spot again, she got to work and began to pull away the cover. She poured a bit of her heart into this piece, so hopefully it will be well-received. Once she was satisfied, she took a step or two back and admired her work hanging on the wall.
PM
^
Charles King
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 05:49 PM
Charles King
@MarcyPan

As Dominique left, Charles watched his receding back as he answered Michael's question. He could tell something had bothered his friend. The thing was, he didn't know what it was, who knew, he was a mystery wrapped in an enigma. Almost as soon as Dom left, Sam excused herself and walked off to a window. He watched her for a minute confused because she'd fucked off to stare out a window at what-- pavement?! She could've gone and looked at someone else's work, that might have been less obvious. Still, she'd just made it pretty clear she didn't want to be alone with him for even one second.

He'd looked away from her when he felt a touch, it was Michael being polite, unlike Charles, telling him he was going to go downstairs. Charles nodded and smiled, turning to look at Sam again, she was still by the window. He turned back to their painting, in his defense, one, he didn't know Samantha would be here, it's not like he'd made this diabolical plan, well at least not beforehand. She was here, and Charles had brought the painting, and he would admit it had been a bit of fun watching her reaction to seeing it. He grinned as he looked at his painting, and two, he wasn't planning on telling anyone exactly how this work had been produced. That was their little secret, and he would've told her that too if she'd bothered to stick around for five seconds.

At the sounds of Cez's voice declaring that he was in fact back, and holding both paintings it seemed they both turned to look at him. As he informed Sam, he hadn't put hers up, so that she could do it herself. Samantha practically bolted down the stairs her painting in hand. Charles watched her go, eyebrows raised in surprise. He turned his attention to Cez, his gaze on DOM for a bit. He had to try not to fuck up the names, dammit! He smiled noticing his still covered painting. "Can I see...?" He asked waiting for his go-ahead when he didn't say no, or yes, he just cautiously took it. Carefully taking the cover off, handling it with care, as he stared at his work.

God damn Dom! This was exquisite. He turned to his friend a look of pure adoration for his latest work. "She is beautiful, Dom." His gaze then fell on his own work. He very much regretted not having finished the other one. They would've looked more appropriate next to one another, a las, maybe he'd learned to party less and apply himself, maybe...

"May I?" Charles asked as he gestured towards the wall, he wanted permission to hang it up for him. Cez gave enough of a go-ahead for him to do so. He walked to the wall and carefully hung it up, before he moved back beside Cez, to appreciate it from far away. He turned to him, "You've outdone yourself." Sam and his game forgotten for the time being.

"C"

by FEV
PM
^
Cezanne Beauvais
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 12:09 AM
Cezanne Beauvais
@Lashes

Outfit

Cez's painting

Song

Dom wanted to say something...but he didn’t. Sam, she really just grabbed her painting and left without him. Wow. Okay. He definitely didn’t mean right that second. She could have waited for him. She hadn’t though. Dom furrowed his brows slightly as he watched the young woman descend the stairs with haste. Her figure disappearing from sight, leaving only a trail of awkward silence in her wake.

Charles had spoken up, inquiring something of the artist, but Dominique didn’t respond. His eyes lingered on the stairs, as he thought about how Sam wanted to get away so badly. Not from him, from Charles. Charles had really managed to make things awkward and uncomfortable for the young artist. That wasn’t what Dom had intended when he brought her here, it certainly wasn’t something common for Charles to do. Charles was always so charismatic and amiable. It was strange at first, but now, now it was just annoying.

It wasn’t until Charles gently peeled Dom’s painting out of his hand, that the artist turned his attention to his friend. He didn’t say anything in regard to Charles taking the painting or removing the cover. There was no response to the man’s compliments over Dom’s work. No, instead, Dom’s gaze roved over to Charles’ work briefly. Michael was gone. Sam was gone. It was just the two of them. His gaze flicked over to Charles, as he stepped a little closer to the taller man.

“What are you doing? What are you playing at?” he asked his friend, waiting for that perplexed look to paint itself on Charles’ face. That dumb expression, the one that made Dom question if his friend could really be that stupid. Who knew, maybe he really could be that stupid.

Dom looked back at the painting beside his own, specifically at the yellow in the bottom left corner. Then he spoke up. “You know, this is supposedly Sam’s first time showing at a gallery. You’re doing a really good job of fucking it up. You’re making things awkward. You’re making things uncomfortable.” He paused briefly, turning back to Charles. ”I get it. We get it. You were with her. But enough is enough. Cut it out. Get your laughs somewhere else.” There was a long pause, his eyes moved back to the painting, the yellow on the canvas being a source of Dom’s fixation. “And what is that?” he asked, gesturing to the painting. “That’s not what you told me you were working on. Why did you bring this one.”

Moving closer to the painting, Dom began to scrutinize the work further. It looked out of place next to his own painting. Sander would probably end up moving it somewhere else. Not that it mattered...or did it? He had seen Charles’ work and this…was…

“It’s subpar,” Dom said plainly, as he turned back to his friend once again. He moved past Charles, looking over the balcony. Sam was nowhere in sight. There was a wall section blocking her from his view. But there was another familiar face Dom recognized downstairs, Sera Lynn. The singer was loitering over by the food. He wasn’t surprised to see her, Sander had a certain fondness for the girl, and Sera had nothing better to do then to be at Sander’s beckoned call. An idea came to mind. But that would be reserved for a later time. For now, it was just a thought, something to perhaps be acted upon, perhaps not.

“Do you know if Sera has a job,” Dom asked Charles. He swiveled around, leaning back on the balcony rail. “I mean, other than singing, that is.”

FEV
PM
^
Samantha Childs
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 05:53 PM
Samantha Childs
@Jules

user posted image

Perhaps her haste towards the stairwell was a little uncalled for, but what could she do? She needed to get her painting set on the wall and besides, Dominique wasn't the only one who needed a little breather. Seeing Charles here (of all places), the painting that they made...in a short amount of time, it was a bit much to take in. Especially when her lady parts were remembering him and how he worked some magic upon them. She just needed a few moments away from the two men. She could only hope that they won't end up killing each other while she was gone.

There was something going on and Samantha didn't really want to be caught in between them when the blows are being dealt. Now being caught underneath them, that's another story..

Samantha slowly pulled away the cover to her painting and once it was free, she set it to the side. A sweet sort of smile touched upon her lips, as if she was seeing it for the first time. The story behind the work was a favorite from her childhood years. Sam's father had a talent for capturing the best shots when the subject was completely unaware of it even happening. She and her sister Danielle were one of his favorite subjects to shoot. She could almost chuckle at the thought of the shots he got of them. She should give them a call sometime soon, especially Danielle. It has been a while since she's had a good chat with her big sister. Anyway, she soon lifted her piece and carefully hung it upon the wall in her designated spot. A hint of shifting had ensued, before Samantha left it alone and then slowly took a step back. She began to admire seeing her work hanging there - in a gallery, for crying out loud! A part of her had wished for this to happen, since she started painting, but she had been pretty content with selling her work on the Boardwalk. Sam didn't have the right connections to break into this world..until now. Hopefully, Dominique will still talk to her after this..

One of the artists had noticed her work and therefore, made their approach to compliment it. Sam had smiled and said "Thank you." as she folded up the cover. When asked about the inspiration behind her work, Sam had briefly debated if she should give it all away..or let them guess. She went with the latter, instead. "Well, what do you think?" There was a pause between the question and the artist's response. Sam listened, as they spoke of how this is somehow her in the work. Sam's smile grew. If only they knew the real story behind it all..

A glance towards the balcony signaled that perhaps, she should go see how the boys were doing. She set her folded cover underneath her painting and then went back to the stairs - hoping she wasn't going to see a fight ensuing when she got up there. Dom's back was facing the balcony as she slowly made her ascent. Sam resisted the urge to poke him in his backside. So, she used him as a shield instead. "Have you two made up or do you still need some time?" she half-joked, looking up at Dom's fine ass back. Samantha cracked a grin when he finally turned around.

When Charles popped into view, she seemed to suck in a breath. A moment came and went..
PM
^
Charles King
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 05:49 PM
Charles King
@MarcyPan

Charles looked at Cez confused when he asked what he was doing. The answer was obvious, at least to him. Because his friend looked upset, okay, more than upset he was ripping him a new one. Perhaps he was a little too focused on his initial plan, he wasn't thinking of the others. He let Cez get it all out finish ripping him a new one, kind of like he did with Baldwin. Once his anger was spent before Charles could say anything Cez asked what was that? As in his painting. Charles turned and looked at his work, well sort of his work.

He stared at it for a long moment, it wasn't the painting he intended to bring, this was true. The painting he meant to bring was still on his easel back at his studio. Half-finished, it was a heck of a lot better than this one. But he'd gone out and gotten drunk, then high, then... ended up waking up naked with three coeds. He'd spare his friend his excuses. Instead, he said, "Pretty sure that's a painting." He said turning to him with a grin. When Cez called it subpar, he laughed, and gave a shrug, "I know." He didn't care, He knew it wasn't good, it had been fun to make it sure, but it wasn't a masterpiece. He wasn't diluted, but he didn't care what anyone thought either.

Then all of a sudden Cez was asking about Sera. He looked over the balcony spotting her, at least it made sense why he'd brought her up. He thought about it for a bit, "Um.... honestly? I don't know. I mean I've only ever seen her singing, but we don't really talk much outside of events." Before he could ask why, Sam was back. He didn't answer her question, and they were not fighting. Besides, she hadn't wanted to talk before, and he was over it now. He'd take Cez's advise and keep his mouth shut. He stood there still, but turned and looked down at a painting someone was just hanging up.

"C"

by FEV
PM
^
Cezanne Beauvais
 Posted: Mar 27 2018, 01:46 PM
Cezanne Beauvais
@Lashes

Outfit

Cez's painting

Song

“Ah," he said, in response to Charles’ answer. Dom turned back around, looking down at the first floor once again. The girl had moved on.

It was then he heard a familiar voice, as he turned back to see Sam. Dominique smiled at the young woman. “Sam,” he began, ignoring her question. “Now that you’re here, let’s head back downstairs. I want to look at your work.” He gave a short chuckle, knowing she had just come from the first floor. Placing his hands around her neck on her shoulders, he swiveled her around and started directing her back to the stairs. Stopping just short of the landing, he moved his gaze to Charles.

“Are you coming, Charles?”

The man was busying himself with looking at someone’s painting. Maybe he was annoyed with what Dom had told him. But that didn’t seem like his friend, to have his feathers so easily ruffled. Regardless, Dominique didn’t wait for a response, choosing to continue guiding Sam back to her painting.

“This is really well done, Sam,” Dom commented, stepping closer to the painting to further examine it. At least Sam brought something worthwhile. He couldn’t say the same for Charles. It had been a real shame too, as he had high hopes to see something striking and unique. That was Charles’ style. Sam’s style, on the other hand, couldn’t be any different from Dom’s friend’s. Where Charles’ was dynamic and boisterous, Sam’s appeared to be serene and placating. It was nice to see both sides of the spectrum internet.

Turning to her once again, Dom offered the young woman a smile, “I really like it. I’m impressed.” He paused briefly, before continuing. “I think it has the potential to evoke different thoughts and emotions from individuals, which is a good thing.”

Dom watched Sam silently, as he considered the artist. She turned out to be a good pick, young and promising. He pondered what she might be thinking, perhaps she was ruminating over the seemingly endless possibilities, should her career take off. Ah, to be so ambitious. His smile broadened slightly.

“So you’re a lifeguard?” he began, his eyes shifting away from her for the briefest of moments before locking back with her hazel-colored eyes. They were close enough that he could see the flecks of green in them. “That means if I dr--”

“Dom! Hey, how are ya?” King Kingston called out, interrupting Dom, as he approached the pair.

“King,” Dom said, deciding to get introductions out of the way. King Kingston had a way of dominating conversations. The man was energetic, in a word, something he shared in common with Charles other than the similarity in their names. “This is Sam--mantha Childs,” Dom informed King, deciding last second to give the female artist’s full name. King gave Sam a quick once over, and smiled. ”Pleasure to meet you, Samantha,” he said, looking over at the wall where her painting now hung. “I take it that’s your’s?” King appraised Sam’s painting for about half a second, before turning his attention back to the work’s creator. “Not bad, not bad. I think Sander is really gonna like it. I can see a lot of offices asking for commissions from you with work like that. Private clinics, and the like.” King explained. He looked at Dom and gave a knowing smile, as if he had something to share. “Hope you don’t mind, Samantha, I’m just going to pull him away for a second,” King informed the girl, as he placed a hand on Dom’s shoulder leading him just a short distance away. “So, you didn’t happen to go to Rob Boss’ party the other night, did you?” he inquired of Dom. Dom nodded his head. “I did, actually.” King’s smile grew, and he went on, “Well...you might have noticed that Marquis wasn’t there. Let me tell you why…”

Damn,” Tom directed to Sam. He coughed, trying to get the woman’s attention. “I said, day-um” he repeated, this time more enthusiastically. It wasn’t enough. He cleared his throat. “Excuse me,” he nearly shouted, drawing multiple people’s attention to him briefly before they returned to their own conversations. “Yeah, hi, hey,” Tom said, practically sliding over to Sam. He smiled at her. “You must be new here, because I would definitely have remembered seeing you before. Just take a look at you, girl. I mean, looks and talent? Mmhmm,” the man said, giving an exaggerated nod of his head. He looked over at Sam’s painting. “So soothing. Is that you? You, sitting there on that ledge? That painting would be just a tad better if you had someone sitting there with you. Beside you. You know what I mean? You know what I'm saying?” There was a slight pause and then he brazenly asked, “So, can I get your number?”

FEV
PM
^
Samantha Childs
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 04:11 PM
Samantha Childs
@Jules

user posted image

When she spoke up, Dom turned her way and smiled. Charles didn't speak, just looked as if she pissed him off somehow. She pissed him off? He didn't even try to see what was up with her when she walked off towards the window. They had a few moments alone, he could've tried. He could've demanded what was going on. Perhaps she'll try to corner him at some point. If not now, she can probably find his number on her phone. If he took that nude photo of her, was he the kind of guy who would send a copy to himself? Probably and besides, they do need to talk.

Dom's voice brought her back to the present. “Sam,” A quick moment came and went. “Now that you’re here, let’s head back downstairs. I want to look at your work.” Samantha cracked a little grin, as he chuckled. Neither of the boys had seen her work yet. Then, his hands were on her shoulders and he was directing her back down the stairs. Dominique seemed to have a habit of doing that, Sam noticed. She didn't really mind it, though. It didn't hurt. After a few moments, they stopped. “Are you coming, Charles?” Dom asked. Charles didn't seem to respond. Sam looked at him and he was too busy paying attention to something else. She took a deep breath. I'm not finished with you, Charles, she mentally promised herself. As she looked away, they were back in motion. Soon enough, they arrived at their destination. Samantha nearly held her breath, as Dom took a look at her work. “This is really well done, Sam,” She cracked a little smile, then slightly tilted her head to the side as he drew closer to the painting. He was being thorough with his look. As the moments passed, Sam could feel her heart pounding. Was there some flaw? She shook her head. He wouldn't have given her this opportunity if there was something wrong with her work. Right? Then, Dom turned around to look at her. She couldn't help but to meet his eyes. “I really like it. I’m impressed.” She felt her jaw drop a tiny bit, making her lips seem slightly parted. He was..impressed? By her? If this was a dream in the end, then nobody pinch Samantha. She would like to stay here awhile. “I think it has the potential to evoke different thoughts and emotions from individuals, which is a good thing.” She shifted to bite her lower lip gently. She began to wonder what her piece evoked in him, as Dom seemed to watch her. Were they good or bad?

“So you’re a lifeguard?” Samantha gave him a nod of her head, as he looked away briefly and then met her eyes once more. They were standing pretty close to each other. Close enough to kiss. “That means if I dr--” Dom's statement was cut short by another voice. “Dom! Hey, how are ya?” She turned her head to see a man approaching them. Dom spoke up, referring to the man as “King,” Sam seemed to repeat the name in her mind, though it shouldn't be too hard to remember. She didn't know anyone else named King. “This is Sam--mantha Childs,” Sam gave a friendly smile. ”Pleasure to meet you, Samantha,” She gave a little nod of her head. "Nice to meet you as well." she replied. Then, King had glanced at her piece hanging behind her. “I take it that’s your’s?” She gave another nod of her head. "It is." she simply said in response. “Not bad, not bad. I think Sander is really gonna like it. I can see a lot of offices asking for commissions from you with work like that. Private clinics, and the like.” She nodded as he spoke. Now that he said it aloud, she could see that happening. A moment came and went, as King looked over at Dom. “Hope you don’t mind, Samantha, I’m just going to pull him away for a second,” She cracked a smile. "As long as you bring him back in one piece." she responded, keeping her tone light and friendly. As Dom and King left her alone for the moment, Sam turned to look at her piece hanging there on the wall. There was a sense of calmness about it, wasn't there? Her mother was like that in her life. Perhaps she should give her a call soon..

She heard someone say "Damn,” but didn't know who it was directed at. A moment came and went. “I said, day-um” There was that voice again. She had slightly raised an eyebrow. Was the voice talking to her? She hoped not. “Excuse me,” The voice was practically shouting. A slight silence fell throughout the room. Samantha turned her head, wondering who the voice's owner was. People were briefly looking at a man, before turning away to resume their own conversations. “Yeah, hi, hey,” the man said, as he slid over to where she stood. "Hi." Sam politely replied. She was starting to get the feeling that her skin was ready to run for the hills. He had smiled at her before saying “You must be new here, because I would definitely have remembered seeing you before. Just take a look at you, girl. I mean, looks and talent? Mmhmm,” Thank you, Captain Obvious. And what was he even thinking? Did he think of her as some new toy to play with? His nod of the head was exaggerated, of course.

Then, he looked at her painting. What was he going to say now?

“So soothing. Is that you? You, sitting there on that ledge? That painting would be just a tad better if you had someone sitting there with you. Beside you. You know what I mean? You know what I'm saying?” Was he for real? She slightly opened her mouth to say something, but no words came out. Sam could hardly believe what she's hearing. Sure, he was an attractive guy and all, but his mouth was ruining it for him. Why did he have to open his mouth? “So, can I get your number?” Samantha perhaps blinked once or twice, as if doing a double-take. He was being serious, wasn't he? When the initial shock seemed to wear off, Sam finally spoke up. "First of all, slow down your train, cowboy. I'm worried you're going to pop a blood vessel." she began, slightly raising both hands up. She met his eyes. "And second, I may be the newbie around here, but I've been around your type. You probably see me as this shiny toy you want to play with, but I'm not in the mood to be played with." she added.

She wasn't going to open up her legs for any guy that gives her the time of day.

There has to be a mutual attraction first, like with Charles. She wasn't attracted to this guy. Not in the slightest.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could spot Dom with King. If he was paying attention to her current situation, Samantha wondered what he thought. Did he expect this kind of backbone or was he surprised? Either way, she wasn't going to be put on the spot by a guy who happened to like what he sees. She could be nice to him and give him a chance, but calling out "day-um" in the middle of a gallery wasn't much of a turn-on.

Not in her book, anyway.

This song fits this situation, in my opinion ^^
PM
^
Charles King
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 10:53 PM
Charles King
@MarcyPan

"Huh?" He asked looking over at Cezanne, his mind had been lost in nothing though. "Oh. Yeah." He grinned following them down to the main floor. He stared at her piece, a soft smile on his lips, he'd seen her work before. Mostly her seascapes, but this was different. Clearly, she'd made a real effort to put her best foot forward. Before he could comment on her work, his attention was grabbed by another one of the artists.

Charles turned to see, Lauren and his smile brightened, he was a fan of her work. He'd always wanted to try Impressionism, the problem was he lacked the discipline to painstakingly do every tiny brush stroke that created an image. He preferred broader brushstrokes. "Lauren! It's been too long." He hugged and kissed her cheek. his lack of discipline hadn't stopped him from trying tho, he'd once talked her into teaching him a few things. His smile turned into a grin at the thought of those few days. He'd ended up teaching her a few things, in between admiring her while working. "I hadn't seen you, have you been here long?"

Lauren rolled her eyes kissing his cheek too, "Well, I was busy helping Sanders. You, however, sure are hard to miss." She said with a chuckle pulling away to look at him.

shrugged, "This old thing, I blend right in." He laughed and looked around, "Where is it, hmm? Your piece." Lauren smiled and grabbed his arm leading him to another free-standing wall nearby. He smiled standing far away from it; then he leaned super close to it. Her work was always so vibrant and exquisite. He smiled standing up straight again. "It's lovely Lauren. One day... I'll gain the patience to give you a run for your money." He said with a wink to her.

Lauren laughed and shook her head, "Sure thing, Charles." She faked being worried, and then added, "Remind me, did you even finish your piece for this show?" She smirked, "Oh no, wait, you brought your puke from last night." She laughed squeezing his arm, giving him a hard time like artists did.

Charles laughed at her last remark, "Shh... keep it down. People will hear my secret." He shrugged, "I was busy with other work, so I couldn't, ended up bringing my back-up." He knew how these fuckers were, he didn't care, it didn't bother him. Water off a ducks back.

He heard Tom before he saw him, he turned to look as the man approached Sam. He didn't think someone else could get so many heads to turn, but here he was, walking towards Sam. He stifled a laugh at the shit he was saying, he thought about going over there, but Sam seemed to be handling him just fine. He turned back to Lauren excusing himself and casually walked to the food table grabbing himself a mini fruit tart and a glass of champagne. He sipped on his drink slowly after he'd finished the fruit tart. Walking back over to where Sam's work was offering her a friendly smile, as he turned staring at her work again, studying it. Charles was about to comment on her painting, and hopefully, him joining in might make the man walk away and leave it.

There was a faint vibrating sound coming from his pocket, believe it or not, this outfit had discrete pockets. He reached in pulling out his phone, it was Baldwin, he had texted asking how it had gone. He paused for a bit, trying to think of how to put it best, "As expected." was his vague answer, then he hit send.

"C"

by FEV
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Candyland Couture Rockin Roleplay

skin by miss texas at cttw, cc, and shine